I am thrilled that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Thanks to Hilary from Young Texan Mama for nominating me!
“The Liebster Award takes its name from the German word meaning dearest and is an award given to a new blogger with fewer than 200 followers. There will be no trophy or embossed certificate but it is recognition from a fellow blogger that you have valuable information to be shared. And it’s an excellent way to make new friends, network and get your blog noticed!”
The criteria, if you should accept this award, is as follows:
- Thank your nominator by linking back to their post
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator
- Make a list of 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 or more up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers for this award
- Provide a list 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Publish your post and contact your nominees with the good news
Here are the 11 questions that Hilary asked me to answer-
1. Do you say Coke, Soda or Pop?–– I’m originally from Florida so I say Soda but most people here in Cincinnati say Pop.
2. What is one thing you have always wanted to learn how to do?-– I really want to learn to snow ski!
3. Where is your favorite vacation spot?–– My family loves to take backpacking trips in National Parks. Grand Canyon is probably my favorite. Going to Disney World is a close second!
4. Comedy or Drama?–– Comedy
5. What was your favorite childhood game?–– Hide and Seek
6. What is your dream car?-– With four kids I drive a big Durango SUV. I would love to drive a little car with better gas mileage!
7. Football or Soccer?–– Football
8. What is your most cherished possession?-– A few years ago for Mother’s Day, my husband made a collection of little cards called “100 things I love about Mommy” and had the kids tell him the things they loved about me. He put their individual quotes with different pictures of them on a hundred little cards. I keep it in a little box next to my bed and it is something I will forever cherish.
9. Favorite midnight snack?-– Cereal
10. What is your favorite pair of shoes?-– Chaco hiking sandals. I live in them when the weather is warm!
11. What is your favorite Disney movie?–– That’s so hard! I guess my favorite is Mulan.
Here are 11 Random Facts About Me-
1. I have four kids but would have loved to have more.
2. I hate to be cold and practically hibernate in the winter.
3. Fried Chicken is my absolute favorite food.
4. I majored in English Lit and History at Tulane and a few years later studied Nursing at University of Cincinnati.
5. My family has a goal of visiting all of our National Parks before my oldest daughter (15 years old) leaves for college.
6. My husband’s nickname for me is Potato. It’s a long story…
7. Someday I will thru hike the Appalachian Trail.
8. I am one of those aggravating people who needs my house to be clean, but really hates to do it.
9. While I love to camp now, before I left for college I had only camped two times in my life with school groups.
10. I can’t fall asleep unless I read every night before bed.
11. I dream of visiting Alaska.
My nominations for great up and coming blogs are-
Here’s the 11 Questions for my nominees-
1. Beach or Mountains?
2. What is the best thing you cook?
3. Do you think you are a good driver?
4. What made you start blogging?
5. Where is your ultimate bucket list vacation destination?
6. Where is the best place you have already been?
7. What’s your favorite book?
8. When traveling, are you a planner or a go with the flow kind of person?
9. What’s your favorite comfort food?
10. Favorite way to unwind?
11. What’s your favorite quote?
Hilary, thanks again for nominating me!
Happy Travels to you all!